Folks.
  My env is Solaris 10 update 8 amd64.   Does LUN alignment matter when I'm
creating zpool's on disks (lun's) with EFI labels and providing zpool the
entire disk?

  I recently read some sun/oracle docs and blog posts about adjusting the
starting sector for partition 0 (in format -e) to address lun alignment
problems.   However they never mention wether this matters for ZFS or not.  In
this scenario I have a lun provisioned from an STK 2540 and I put an EFI label
on the disk.  Then I modified partition 0 to start at sector 64 (tried 256 as
well) and saved those changes.  Once I do a zpool create the first sector get's
set to "34".

  Here is the format output with the adjusted sector

partition> pr
Current partition table (original):
Total disk sectors available: 31440861 + 16384 (reserved sectors)

Part      Tag    Flag     First Sector        Size        Last Sector
  0        usr    wm               256      14.99GB         31440860
  1 unassigned    wm                 0          0              0
  2 unassigned    wm                 0          0              0
  3 unassigned    wm                 0          0              0
  4 unassigned    wm                 0          0              0
  5 unassigned    wm                 0          0              0
  6 unassigned    wm                 0          0              0
  7 unassigned    wm                 0          0              0
  8   reserved    wu          31440861       8.00MB         31457244

now create the zpool

zpool create testsector c5t6006016070B01E0052374B8B4CAFDE11d0

partition table after zpool create

partition> pr
Current partition table (original):
Total disk sectors available: 31440861 + 16384 (reserved sectors)

Part      Tag    Flag     First Sector        Size        Last Sector
  0        usr    wm                34      14.99GB         31440861

  I know i'm missing something here and any tips would be appreciated.
  TIA.  Deet.