On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Richard Elling <rich...@nexenta.com> wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2010, at 6:48 PM, Tim Cook wrote:
> > Given that the most basic of functionality was broken in Nexenta, and not
> Opensolaris, and I couldn't get a single response, I have a hard time
> recommending ANYONE go to Nexenta.  It's great they're employing you now,
> but the community edition has an extremely long way to go before it comes
> close to touching the community that still hangs around here, despite
> Oracle's lack of care and feeding.
> >
> > http://www.nexenta.org/boards/1/topics/211
>
> I can't test that, due to lack of equivalent hardware, but did you file a
> bug?
> The dladm code and nge drivers come from upstream, so look for an
> equivalent
> opensolaris bug,  perhaps something like
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6913874
>  -- richard

No, I didn't file a bug.  I couldn't get a response to the issue to even
begin troubleshooting, so I had no desire to file a bug or continue using a
product that was broken out of the box.  Opensolaris worked, so I went back
to it.  I can say with a fair amount of confidence, the same wouldn't happen
with Opensolaris proper.  Even if I chose not to continue running down a
problem, I've never run into a situation where I didn't at least get a
suggestion for troubleshooting tips.

--Tim