----- Original Message -----
> If you have one zpool consisting of only one large raidz2, then you
> have a slow raid. To reach high speed, you need maximum 8 drives in
> each raidz2. So one of the reasons it takes time, is because you have
> too many drives in your raidz2. Everything would be much faster if you
> split your zpool into two raidz2, each consisting of 7 or 8 drives.
> Then it would be fast.

Keeping the VDEVs small is one thing, but this is about resilvering spending
far more time than reported. The same applies to scrubbing at times.

Would it be hard to rewrite the reporting mechanisms in ZFS to report something
more likely, than just a first guess? ZFS scrub reports tremendous times at
start, but slows down after it's worked it's way through the metadata. What ZFS
is doing when the system still scrubs after 100 hours at 100% is beyond my
knowledge.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--