Hello All,

I've recently run into an issue I can't seem to resolve.  I have been
running a zpool populated with two RAID-Z1 VDEVs and a file on the
(separate) OS drive for the ZIL:

raidz1-0   ONLINE

    c12t0d0  ONLINE

    c12t1d0  ONLINE

    c12t2d0  ONLINE

    c12t3d0  ONLINE

raidz1-2   ONLINE

    c12t4d0  ONLINE

    c12t5d0  ONLINE

    c13t0d0  ONLINE

    c13t1d0  ONLINE

logs

    /ZIL-Log.img

This was running on Nexenta Community Edition v3.  Everything was going
smoothly until today when the OS hard drive crashed and I was not able to
boot from it any longer.  I had migrated this setup from an OpenSolaris
install some months back and I still had the old drive intact.  I put it in
the system, booted it up and tried to import the zpool.  Unfortunately, I
have not been successful.  Previously when migrating from OSOL to Nexenta I
was able to get the new system to recognize and import the ZIL device file.
Since it has been lost in the drive crash I have not been able to duplicate
that success.

Here is the output from a 'zpool import' command:

pool: tank

    id: 9013303135438223804

state: UNAVAIL

status: The pool was last accessed by another system.

action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.

   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-EY

config:

        tank         UNAVAIL  missing device

          raidz1-0   ONLINE

            c12t0d0  ONLINE

            c12t1d0  ONLINE

            c12t5d0  ONLINE

            c12t3d0  ONLINE

          raidz1-2   ONLINE

            c12t4d0  ONLINE

            c12t2d0  ONLINE

            c13t0d0  ONLINE

            c13t1d0  ONLINE

I created a new file for the ZIL (using mkfile) and tried to specify it for
inclusion with -d but it doesn't get recognized.  Probably because it was
never part of the original zpool.  I also symlinked the new ZIL file into
/dev/dsk but that didn't make any difference either.

Any suggestions?

Andrew Kener