----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 09:42 -0700, Orvar Korvar wrote:
> > Are there any drawbacks to partition a SSD in two parts and use
> > L2ARC on one partition, and ZIL on the other? Any thoughts?
>
> Its probably a reasonable approach. The ZIL can be fairly small...
> only
> about 8 GB is probably sufficient for most typical uses. (Even 4GB
> would be a win in most cases. :-)

Half of RAM is maximum, and unless you have write intensive jobs, 1GB will
probably suffice for most use, but then, it depends on your workload. The ZIL
is flushed every, what, 10 seconds?, so if you have >1GB writes per 10 seconds,
you want >1GB SLOG. At least, that's theory.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk