I see I have already received several replies, thanks to all!

I would not like to risk losing any data, so I believe a ZIL device would be
the way for me. I see
these exists in different prices. Any reason why I would not buy a cheap one?
Like the Intel X25-V
SSD 40GB 2,5"?

What size of ZIL device would be recommened for my pool consisting for 4 x
1,5TB drives? Any
brands I should stay away from?

Regards,
Sigbjorn