Hello Mark,

I assume you have a read-intensive workload, not many synchronous writes, so
leave out the ZIL, please try:

* configure the controller to show individual disks, no RAID
* create one large striped pool (zpool create tank c0t0d{1,2,3,4,5})
* if your SSD is c0t0d6, use it as an L2ARC (zpool create tank c0t0d{1,2,3,4,5}
cache c0t0d6), not a ZIL
* use the 134 developer release from here:
http://www.genunix.org/distributions/indiana/
* give 80% of all the memory that your box has to the Opensolaris instance that
is serving the ZFS

I'm new here, so others may improve on these suggestions.

Best regards,

Oliver