I appear to be getting between 2-9MB/s reads from individual disks in my zpool
as shown in iostat -v
I expect upwards of 100MBps per disk, or at least aggregate performance on par
with the number of disks that I have.

My configuration is as follows:
Two Quad-core 5520 processors
48GB ECC/REG ram
2x LSI 9200-8e SAS HBAs (2008 chipset)
Supermicro 846e2 enclosure with LSI sasx36 expander backplane
20 seagate constellation 2TB SAS harddrives
2x 8GB Qlogic dual-port FC adapters in target mode
4x Intel X25-E 32GB SSDs available (attached via LSI sata-sas interposer)
mpt_sas driver
multipath enabled, all four LSI ports connected for 4 paths available:
f_sym, load-balance logical-block region size 11 on seagate drives
f_asym_sun, load-balance none, on intel ssd drives

currently not using the SSDs in the pools since it seems I have a deeper issue
here.
Pool configuration is four 2-drive mirror vdevs in one pool, and the same in
another pool. 2 drives are for OS and 2 drives aren't being used at the moment.

Where should I go from here to figure out what's wrong?
Thank you in advance - I've spent days reading and testing but I'm not getting
anywhere.

 P.S: I need the aid of some Genius here.