I wasn't planning to buy any SSD as a ZIL. I merely acknowledged that an
sandforce with supercap MIGHT be a solution. At least the supercap should take
care of the data loss in case of a power failure. But they are still in the
consumer realm have not been picked up by the enterprise (yet) for whatever
reason. I must admit that I've heard that the sandforce's didn't really live up
to their expectations at least as an slog device.
I think a lot people on this mailing list would be very interested in your
evaluation of the SSD's to prevent costly mistakes.

Thanks for the scripts, I'll send you an email about them.

And for everybody else here's a good entry about the DDRdrive X1:
http://blogs.sun.com/ahl/entry/ddrdrive