On 8/14/10 1:12 PM, Frank Cusack wrote:

> Wow, what leads you guys to even imagine that S11 wouldn't contain
> comstar, etc.?  *Of course* it will contain most of the bits that
> are current today in OpenSolaris.

That's a very good question actually.  I would think that COMSTAR would
stay because its used by the Fishworks appliance... however, COMSTAR is
a competitive advantage for DIY storage solutions.  Maybe they will rip
it out of S11 and make it an add-on or something.   That would suck.

I guess the only real reason you can't yank COMSTAR is because its now
the basis for iSCSI Target support.  But again, there is nothing saying
that Target support has to be part of the standard OS offering.

Scary to think about. :)

benr.