Hi all,
I have a 10TB array (zpool = 2x 5 disk raidz1), I had dedup enabled on a couple
of filesystems which I decided to delete last week, the first contained about
6GB of data and was deleted in about 30 minutes, the second (about 100GB of
VMs) is still being deleted (I think) 4.5 days later!

Now, I've seen delete "dedup enabled fs" operations take a while before (2
days) but 4.5 days is a surprise.

I am wondering what (if anything) I can do to speed this up, my server only has
4GB RAM, would it be beneficial/safe for me to switch off, upgrade to 8GB?  I
am assuming this may help the delete operation as more memory should mean that
more of the dedup table is stored in RAM?

Or is there anything else I can do to speed things up or indeed determine how
much longer left?

I'd appreciate any advice, cheers