From: Peter Karlsson [mailto:peter.k.karls...@oracle.com]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 9:22 PM
To: Phillip Bruce (Mindsource)
Cc: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] NFS issue with ZFS

On 8/14/10 11:49 , Phillip Bruce (Mindsource) wrote:
> Peter,
>
> what would you expect for root?
> That is the user I am at.

root is default mapped to annon, if you don't specifically export it
with the option to allow root on one or more clients to be mapped to
local root on the server.

zfs set sharenfs=rw,root=host zpool/fs/to/export

where host is a ':' separated list of hosts.

Alternatively, if you want root from any host to be mapped to root on
the server (bad idea), you can do something like this

zfs set sharenfs=rw,anon=0 zpool/fs/to/export

to allow root access to all hosts.

/peter

> Like I already stated it is NOT a UID or GUID issue.
> Both systems are the same.

Try as a different user that have the same uid on both systems and have
write access to the directory in qustion.