>>>>> "pb(" == Phillip Bruce (Mindsource) <v-phb...@microsoft.com> writes:

   pb(> Problem solved..  Try using FQDN on the server end and that
   pb(> work.  The client did not have to use FQDN.

1. your syntax is wrong.  You must use netgroup syntax to specify an
   IP, otherwise it will think you mean the hostname made up of those
   numbers and dots as characters.

NAME              PROPERTY  VALUE
andaman/arrchive  sharenfs  r...@10.100.100.0/23:@192.168.2.3/32

2. there's a bug in mountd.  well, there are many bugs in mountd, but
   this is the one I ran into, which makes the netgroup syntax mostly
   useless:

   http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6901832

one workaround is to give every IP reverse lookup, ex. using BIND
$generate or something.  I just use a big /etc/hosts covering every IP
to which I've exported.  I suppose actually fixing mountd would be
what a good sysadmin would have done: it can't be that hard.