Hi ,

I have some Dell R710 and Dell R410 running OSOL (snv_130 or
snv_134) attached to a Supermicro chassis, and the PERC it's only used for
the root disks.
I did got some issues with this type of servers, but here's
what i did that made them quite stable :

 - disable virtualization support
in BIOS
 - disable C-STATE in Bios (CPU menu i think)

After those 2 issues
those servers became quite stable, but before it they hang without any
apparent reason...I use compression, some hosts have SSD's and i have no
dedup enable on all servers.

Good luck !

Bruno

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010
10:56:48 -0400, "Edward Ned Harvey"
zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-

boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Steve Radich, BitShop, Inc.

>> Do
you have dedup on? Removing large files, zfs destroy a snapshot, or
zvol and you'll see hangs like you are describing.

> Thank you, but
no.

> I'm running sol 10u9, which does not have dedup yet, because dedup
is not
> yet considered "stable" for reasons like you mentioned.

will admit, when dedup is available in sol 11, I do want it. ;-)

Bruno Sousa

believed to be clean.