I created a new BE for patching, I applied patches to that BE, I then activated
the new BE, this is the message I got:

The target boot environment has been activated. It will be used when you
reboot. NOTE: You MUST NOT USE the reboot, halt, or uadmin commands. You
MUST USE either the init or the shutdown command when you reboot. If you
do not use either init or shutdown, the system will not boot using the
target BE.
In case of a failure while booting to the target BE, the following process
needs to be followed to fallback to the currently working boot environment:
1. Boot from Solaris failsafe or boot in single user mode from the Solaris
Install CD or Network.
2. Mount the Parent boot environment root slice to some directory (like /mnt).
You can use the following command to mount:
mount -Fzfs /dev/dsk/c0d0s0 /mnt
3. Run utility with out any arguments from the Parent boot
environment root slice, as shown below:
/mnt/sbin/luactivate
4. luactivate, activates the previous working boot environment and
indicates the result.
5. Exit Single User mode and reboot the machine.

I ran into problems booting off of the patched BE, so I followed the steps
above to get to the last good BE, but I got the following message:

cannot open ‘/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0′: invalid dataset name