----- Original Message -----
> Hello,
>
> I realize this is a perpetual topic, but after re-reading all the
> messages I had saved on the subject I find that I am still uncertain.
> I am finally ready to add a couple of mirrored SSD ZIL drives to my
> ZFS box and would like to know the current recommendations on make and
> model. I was planning to buy two Intel X25-E 32 GB drives, but then
> read something about OCZ Vertex 2 drives and the benefits of
> supercapicitors. The server sits in a colo center so the power is
> reasonably reliable, but certainly not foolproof.

We've ordered some OCZ Vertex Pro 2 drives (the ones with the supercaps) for
our new setup. I haven't tested it yet (getting them in a few weeks), but the
specs look good. AFAICS they are MLC units (as opposed to SLC on the X25-E
drives), they are faster, have caching (with supercap) and bigger (although
that doesn't mean much, since the SLOG won't be able to use 100 gigs anyway)

For now, in theory, I'd say the OCZs are better choices than X25-E, but then, I
haven't tested them yet.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--