I will be setting up a NexentaStor Community Edition based ZFS file server.  I
will be serving some zvols over iSCSI to some FreeBSD machines to host jails
in.

1) The ZFS box offers a single iSCSI target that  exposes all the zvols as
individual disks.  When the FreeBSD initiator finds it, it creates a separate
disk for each zvol.  I assume if I have multiple FreeBSD machines connecting to
this iSCSI target, as long as no individual zvol is mounted on more than 1
FreeBSD machine, the fact that a disk "exists" for each zvol on each FreeBSD
machine is irrelevant and won't cause problems

2) I am thinking about formatting the virtual disks served from the Nexenta
iSCSI target as ZFS on the FreeBSD machine even though it has no redundancy.  I
see this as safe since the backing store on the Nexenta machine is a redundant
based ZFS zvol...  Is this correct thinking?

Thanks
Chad