> The ZIL accelerator's requirements differ from the L2ARC, as it's very
> purpose is to guarantee *all* data written to the log can be replayed
> (on next reboot) in case of host failure.

Ah, so this would be why say a super-capacitor backed SSD can be very
helpful, as it will have some backup power present. Luckily, my use
case is not a high-availability server, but a NAS in my basement. I've
got it attached to a UPS with very conservative shut-down timing. Or
are there other host failures aside from power a ZIL would be
vulnerable too (system hard-locks?)?