On Thu, Dec 23 at 10:49, Christopher George wrote:
My assumption was stated in the paragraph prior, i.e. vendor promised
random write IOPS.  Based on the inquires we receive, most *actually*
expect an OCZ SSD to perform as specified which is 50K 4KB
random writes for both the Vertex 2 EX and the Vertex 2 Pro.

Okay, I understand where you're coming from.

Yes, buyers must be aware of the test methodologies for published
benchmark results, especially those used to sell drives by the vendors
themselves.  "Up to" is generally a poor thing to base a buying
decision.

--eric

--
Eric D. Mudama