On Sun, February 6, 2011 08:41, Achim Wolpers wrote:

> I have a zpool biult up from two vdrives (one mirror and one raidz). The
> raidz is built up from 4x1TB HDs. When I successively replace each 1TB
> drive with a 2TB drive will the capacity of the raidz double after the
> last block device is replaced?

You may have to manually set property autoexpand=on; I found yesterday
that I had to (in my case on a mirror that I was upgrading).  Probably
depends on what version you created things at and/or what version you're
running now.

I replaced the drives in one of the three mirror vdevs in my main pool
over this last weekend, and it all went quite smoothly, but I did have to
turn on autoexpand at the end of the process to see the new space.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info