> > I have a zpool biult up from two vdrives (one mirror and one raidz).
> > The
> > raidz is built up from 4x1TB HDs. When I successively replace each
> > 1TB
> > drive with a 2TB drive will the capacity of the raidz double after
> > the
> > last block device is replaced?
>
> You may have to manually set property autoexpand=on; I found yesterday
> that I had to (in my case on a mirror that I was upgrading). Probably
> depends on what version you created things at and/or what version
> you're
> running now.
>
> I replaced the drives in one of the three mirror vdevs in my main pool
> over this last weekend, and it all went quite smoothly, but I did have
> turn on autoexpand at the end of the process to see the new space.

autoexpand is by default off. I guess this is in case someone do something as
replacing two 500GB drives with two 1TB drives and then wants to replace those
with new 500GB drives, since setting autoexpand=on is quite simple and for the
expansion, irreversible. If you have expanded a VDEV, the only way to shrink it
is to backup, reconfigure ZFS and restore.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk