I can confirm that on *at least* 4 different cards - from different board OEMs - I have seen single bit ZFS checksum errors that went away immediately after removing the 3114 based card.

I stepped up to the 3124 (pci-x up to 133mhz) and 3132 (pci-e) and have never looked back.

I now throw any 3114 card I find into the bin at the first available opportunity as they are a pile of doom waiting to insert an exploding garden gnome into the unsuspecting chest cavity of your data.

I'd also add that I have never made an effort to determine if it was actually the Solaris driver that was at fault - but being that the other two cards I have mentioned are available for about $20 a pop, it's not worth my time.

I don't recall if Solaris 10 (Sparc or X86) actually has the si3124 driver, but if it does, for a cheap thrill, they are worth a bash. I have no problems pushing 4 disks pretty much flat out on a PCI-X 133 3124 based card. (note that there was a pci and a pci-x version of the 3124, so watch out.)

Cheers!

Nathan.