OK, I know this is only tangentially related to ZFS, but we're desperate and I
thought someone might have a clue or idea of what kind of thing to look for.
Also, this issue is holding up widespread adoption of ZFS at our shop.  It's
making the powers-that-be balk a little - understandably.  If we can't back up
stuff on ZFS, we can't really use it.

We have a ZFS filesystem that's guarded by the Vormetric encryption product to
prevent unauthorized users from reading it.  Our backup software, HP's Data
Protector, refuses to back up this dataset even though it runs as a user with
privileges to read the files.  When we guard a ZFS dataset with Vormetric, we
get the alerts below in HP DP and the data is not backed up.  Any suggestions
at all are welcome.

Note that, yes - files in similarly protected directories on UFS file systems
do get backed up correctly.  So it has *something* to do with ZFS.

Warning] From: v...@hostname.ourdomain.com<mailto:v...@hostname.ourdomain.com>
"/directoryname"  Time: 3/23/2011 3:02:25 AM
      /directoryname
      Directory is a mount point to a different filesystem.
      Backed up as empty directory.

[Minor] From: v...@hostname.ourdomain.com<mailto:v...@hostname.ourdomain.com>
"/directoryname"  Time: 3/23/2011 3:02:25 AM
[81:84]     /directoryname
      Cannot read ACLs: ([89] Operation not applicable).

Learn more about Merchant Link at www.merchantlink.com.

THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are
proprietary and confidential information intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
print, distribute, or copy this message or any attachments.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.