On 04/06/11 12:43, Paul Kraus wrote:
xxx> zfs holds zpool-01/dataset-01@1299636001
NAME                               TAG            TIMESTAMP
zpool-01/dataset-01@1299636001  .send-18440-0  Tue Mar 15 20:00:39 2011
xxx> zfs holds zpool-01/dataset-01@1300233615
NAME                               TAG            TIMESTAMP
zpool-01/dataset-01@1300233615  .send-18440-0  Tue Mar 15 20:00:47 2011
xxx>

    That is what I was looking for. Looks like when a zfs send got
killed it left a hanging lock (hold) around. I assume the next
export/import (not likely as this is a production zpool) or a reboot
(will happen eventually, and I can wait) these will clear. Unless
there is a way to force clear the hold.

The user holds won't be released by an export/import or a reboot.

"zfs get defer_destroy snapname" will show whether this snapshot is marked for deferred destroy and "zfs release .send-18440-0 snapname" will clear that hold. If the snapshot is marked for deferred destroy then the release of the last tag
will also destroy it.

-- Rich