On May 24, 2011, at 3:46 PM, Brandon High wrote:

> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Peter Jeremy
> <peter.jer...@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
>> I believe the various OSS projects that use ZFS have formed a working
>> group to co-ordinate ZFS amongst themselves.  I don't know if Oracle
>> was invited to join (though given the way Oracle has behaved in all
>
> Richard would probably know for certain.

Yes, Oracle has representation on the ZFS working group.

> There will probably be a fork at some point to an OSS ZFS and an
> Oracle ZFS.

That break occurred in August 2010.

> Hopefully neither side will actively try to break
> compatibility.

Yes! A solution to the versioning issue appears to have reached consensus.
I observe that the current Solaris 10/11 versioning incompatibility issue
doesn't
seem to be causing rioting in the streets :-)
 -- richard