So, if I may, is this the correct summary of the answer to original
question (on JBOD for a ZFS HA cluster):

===
  SC847E26-RJBOD1 with dual-ported SAS drives are known
  to work in a failover HA storage scenario, allowing both servers
  (HBAs) access to each single SAS drive individually, so zpools
  can be configured from any disks regardless of which backplane
  they are connected to. HA Clusterware, such as NexentaStor
  HA-Cluster plugin should be used to ensure that only one head
  node actually uses a given disk drive in an imported ZFS pool.
===

Is the indented statement correct? :)

Other questions:

What clusterware would be encouraged now for OpenIndiana
boxes?

Also, in case of clustered shared filesystems (like VMWare vmfs)
can these JBODs allow two different servers to access one drive
simultaneously in a safe manner (do they do fencing, reservations
and other SCSI magic)?

--

| Климов Евгений,                                 Jim Klimov |