Paul Kraus wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Nomen Nescio <nob...@dizum.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Bob! Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about going with a 3 way
>> mirror and a hot spare. But I don't think I can upgrade to larger drives
>> unless I do it all at once, is that correct?
>
>     Why keep one out as a Hot Spare ? If you have another zpool and
> the Hot Spare will be shared, that makes sense. If the drive is
> powered on and spinning, I don't see any downside to making it a 4-way
> mirror instead of 3-way + HS.
>
> --

Also, to add larger disks to a mirrored pool, you can replace the mirror
members, one at a time, with the larger disk and wait for resilver to
complete. Then replace the other disk, resilver again.

Craig

--
Craig Cory
 Senior Instructor :: ExitCertified

         ExitCertified :: Excellence in IT Certified Education

  Certified training with Oracle, Sun Microsystems, Apple, Symantec, IBM,
       Red Hat, MySQL, Hitachi Storage, SpringSource and VMWare.

             1.800.803.EXIT (3948)  |  www.ExitCertified.com