> The testing was utilizing a portion of our drives, we
> have 120 x 750
> SATA drives in J4400s dual pathed. We ended up with
> 22 vdevs each a
> raidz2 of 5 drives, with one drive in each of the
> J4400, so we can
> lose two complete J4400 chassis and not lose any
> data.

Thanks pk.

You know I never thought about doing 5 drive z2's. That would be an a
acceptable compromise for me between 2x 7 drive z2's as;

1) resilver times should be faster
2) 5 drive groupings, matching my 5 drive caddies
3) only losing 2TB usable against 2x 7 drive z2's
4) IOPS should be faster
5) if and when I scale up, I can add another 5 drives, in another 5 drive caddy

Super!