From: Jim Klimov <jimkli...@cos.ru>
Cc: ZFS Discussions <zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org>
Sent: Tue, July 12, 2011 4:18:28 AM
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Pure SSD Pool

2011-07-12 9:06, Brandon High пишет:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Eric Sproul<espr...@omniti.com>  wrote:
>> Interesting-- what is the suspected impact of not having TRIM support?
> There shouldn't be much, since zfs isn't changing data in place. Any
> drive with reasonable garbage collection (which is pretty much
> everything these days) should be fine until the volume gets very full.

I wonder if in this case it would be beneficial to slice i.e. 90%
of an SSD for use in ZFS pool(s) and leave the rest of the
disk unassigned to any partition or slice? This would reserve
some sectors as never-written-to-by-OS. Would this ease the
life for SSD devices without TRIM between them ans the OS?

Curious,
//Jim