After a certain rev, I know you can set the "sync" property, and it takes
effect immediately, and it's persistent across reboots.  But that doesn't
apply to Solaris 10.

My question:  Is there any way to make Disabled ZIL a normal mode of
operations in solaris 10?  Particularly:

If I do this "echo zil_disable/W0t1 | mdb -kw" then I have to remount the
filesystem.  It's kind of difficult to do this automatically at boot time,
and impossible (as far as I know) for rpool.  The only solution I see is to
write some startup script which applies it to filesystems other than rpool.
Which feels kludgy.  Is there a better way?

Thanks...