On 08/05/11 15:09, Richard Elling wrote:
On Aug 5, 2011, at 6:14 AM, Darren J Moffat<darr...@opensolaris.org>  wrote:

On 08/05/11 13:11, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
After a certain rev, I know you can set the "sync" property, and it
takes effect immediately, and it's persistent across reboots. But that
doesn't apply to Solaris 10.

My question: Is there any way to make Disabled ZIL a normal mode of
operations in solaris 10? Particularly:

If I do this "echo zil_disable/W0t1 | mdb -kw" then I have to remount
the filesystem. It's kind of difficult to do this automatically at boot
time, and impossible (as far as I know) for rpool. The only solution I
see is to write some startup script which applies it to filesystems
other than rpool. Which feels kludgy. Is there a better way?

echo "set zfs:zil_disable = 1">  /etc/system

This is a great way to cure /etc/system viruses :-)

LOL!

Okay, thanks for all the nit picking on the > vs >> I "think" Edward is probably aware of enough UNIX to know what I mean't. My original response was just going to be:

system(4)

I shouldn't have bothered trying to be more helpful!

--
Darren J Moffat