On Tue, 9 Aug 2011, Gregory Durham wrote:

Hello,
We just purchased two of the sc847e26-rjbod1 units to be used in a
storage environment running Solaris 11 express.

root@cm-srfe03:/home/gdurham~# zpool destroy fooPool0
root@cm-srfe03:/home/gdurham~# sh createPool.sh 4

What is 'createPool.sh'?

You really have not told us anything useful since we have no idea what your mystery script might be doing. All we can see is that something reports more spare disks as the argument is increased as if the argument is the number of spare disks to allocate. For all we know, it is always using the same number of data disks.

You also failed to tell us how memory you have installed in the machine.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn