Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I used to use the onboard SATA ports (intel DQ965DF) but
i have added a LSI-3041E-S controller and this is where i get the problems.
The controller is a Sun version (note the S not R in model) but it is a PC
version and I tried flashing it with the firmware from both LSI and SUN (I
still get the errors).
Pity as I had hoped the controllers would solve my expansion problems.
Also I am mixing SATA and SATA II drives, but have tried seting the drive
jumpers to SATA I mode.

The LSI card wont let me Ctrl-C at the BIOS to get into the config utility ,
but i believe this is normal on Intel Mboards. I am not after the RAID
capabilities.

Thanks for the help, let me know if there are any ideas how to get this card
working (SUN Part number SG-XPCIE4SAS3-Z.)

Regards
Steven