Hi list,

I've got a system with 3 WD and 3 seagate drives. Today I got an email that zpool status indicated one of the seagate drives as REMOVED.

I've tried clearing the error but the pool becomes faulted again. Taken out the offending drive and plugged into a windows box with seatools install. Unfortunately seatools finds nothing wrong with the drive.

Windows seems to see the drive details ok, of course I can't try anything ZFS related.

Is it worth RMAing to seagate anyway (considering they will apparently charge me if they don't think the drive is faulty) or are there some other tests I can try?

I've got the system powered down as there wasn't room to install hot spares, and I don't want to risk the rest of the pool with another failure.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks