On Sep 11, 2011, at 3:41 AM, Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuk...@genestate.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I've got a system with 3 WD and 3 seagate drives. Today I got an email that
> zpool status indicated one of the seagate drives as REMOVED.

The removed state can be the result of a transport issue. If this is a
Solaris-based
OS, then look at "fmadm faulty" for a diagnosis leading to a removal. If none,
then look at "fmdump -eV" for errors relating to the disk. Last, check the
"zpool
history" to make sure one of those little imps didn't issue a "zpool remove"
command.
 -- richard