> From: Krunal Desai [mailto:mov...@gmail.com]
>
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Fred Liu <fred_...@issi.com> wrote:
> > Yes. I have connected them back to server. But it does not help.
> > I am really sad now...

I'll tell you what does not help.  This email.  Now that you know what you're
trying to do, why don't you post the results of your "zpool import" command?
How about an error message, and how you're trying to go about fixing your pool?
 Nobody here can help you without information.

> I cringed a little when I read the thread title. I did this on
> accident once as well, but "lucky" for me, I had enough scratch
> storage around in various sizes to cobble together a JBOD (risky) and
> use it as a holding area for my data while I remade the pool.
>
> I'm a home user and only have around 21TB or so, so it was feasible
> for me. Probably not so feasible for you enterprise guys with 1000s of
> users and 100s of filesystems!

No enterprise guys with 1000s of users and 100s of filesystems are making this
mistake.  Even if it does happen, on a pool that significant, the obvious
response is to add redundancy instead of recreating the pool.