On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Tim Cook <t...@cook.ms> wrote:

> Every scrub I've ever done that has found an error required manual fixing.
>  Every pool I've ever created has been raid-z or raid-z2, so the silent
> healing, while a great story, has never actually happened in practice in any
> environment I've used ZFS in.

You have, of course, reported each such failure, because if that
was indeed the case then it's a clear and obvious bug?

For what it's worth, I've had ZFS repair data corruption on
several occasions - both during normal operation and as a
result of a scrub, and I've never had to intervene manually.

--
-Peter Tribble