On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Gregory Shaw <greg.s...@oracle.com> wrote:
> I came to the conclusion that btrfs isn't ready for prime time.  I'll
> re-evaluate as development continues and the missing portions are provided.

For someone with @oracle.com email address, you could probably arrive
to that conclusion faster by asking Chris Mason directly :)

> I'm seriously thinking about converting the Linux system in question into a
> FreeBSD system so that I can use ZFS.

FreeBSD? Not Solaris? Hmmm ... :)

Anyway, the way I see it now Linux has more choices. You can try out
either btrfs or zfs (even without separate /boot) with a few tweaks.
Neither of it are labeled production-ready, but that doesn't stop some
people (which, presumably, know what they're doing) from putting in in
production.

I'm still hoping oracle would release source updates to zfs soon so
other OS can also use its new features (e.g. encryption).

--
Fajar