On Jan 5, 2012, at 6:53 AM, sol wrote:
>> if a bug fixed in Illumos is never reported to Oracle by a customer,
>> it would likely never get fixed in Solaris either
>

> :-(
>
> I would have liked to think that there was some good-will between the ex- and
> current-members of the zfs team, in the sense that the people who created zfs
> but then left Oracle still care about it enough to want the Oracle version to
> be as bug-free as possible.

There is good-will between the developers. And the ZFS working group has
representatives
currently employed by Oracle. However, Oracle is a lawnmower.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zRN7XLCRhc

> (Obviously I don't expect this to be the case for developers of all software
> but I think filesystem developers are a special breed!)

They are! And there are a lot of really cool things happening in the wild as
well as behind
Oracle's closed doors.
 -- richard

--