On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Aubrey Li <aubrey...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The problem is, every zfs vnode access need the **same zfs root**
>> lock. When the number of
>> httpd processes and the corresponding kernel threads becomes large,
>> this root lock contention
>> becomes horrible. This situation does not occurs on linux.
>>

>> I disagree with your conclusion and I've seen ZFS systems do millions of
>> stats()
>> per second without issue. What does prstat -Lm show?
>>  -- richard
>>

> I have ever not seen any issues until I did a comparison with Linux.

So basically you're comparing linux + ext3/4 performance with solaris
+ zfs, on the same hardware? That's not really fair, is it?
If your load is I/O-intensive enough, ext3/4 will easily win since it
doesn't have to do things like calculating checksum.

Now if you compare it to .. say ... btrfs, or zfsonlinux, it'd be more
in the same ballpark.

--
Fajar