On 03/29/12 10:46 PM, Borja Marcos wrote:
Hello,

I hope someone has an idea.

I have a replication program that copies a dataset from one server to another
one. The replication mechanism is the obvious one, of course:

  zfs send -Ri from snapshot(n-1) snapshot(n)>  file
scp file remote machine (I do it this way instead of using a pipeline so that a
network error won't interrupt a receive data stream)
and on the remote machine,
zfs receive -Fd pool

It's been working perfectly for months, no issues. However, yesterday we began
to see something weird: the zfs receive being executed on the remote machine is
exiting with an exit status of 1, even though the replication is finished, and
I see the copied snapshots on the remote machine.

Any ideas? It's really puzzling. It seems that the replication is working (a
zfs list -t snapshot shows the new snapshots correctly applied to the dataset)
but I'm afraid there's some kind of corruption.

Does zfs receive produce any warnings?  Have you tried adding -v?

--
 Ian.