2012-05-16 13:30, Joerg Schilling написал:
Jim Klimov<jimkli...@cos.ru>  wrote:

We know that large redundancy is highly recommended for
big HDDs, so in-place autoexpansion of the raidz1 pool
onto 3Tb disks is out of the question.

Before I started to use my thumper, I reconfigured it to use RAID-Z2.

This allows me to just replace disks during operation without losing all
redundancy while expanding.

Makes sense; however this choice was not made originally
in favor of getting more useable disk space.

Besides, with the recommended 3-disk redundancy, a raidz2
pool would still face the same migration requirement to
a new pool with different disk layout.

But thanks for your comment, nonetheless,
//Jim