Hi all,

I have a 5 drive RAIDZ volume with data that I'd like to recover.

The long story runs roughly:

1) The volume was running fine under FreeBSD on motherboard SATA controllers.
2) Two drives were moved to a HP P411 SAS/SATA controller
3) I *think* the HP controllers wrote some volume information to the end of
each disk (hence no more ZFS labels 2,3)
4) In its "auto configuration" wisdom, the HP controller built a mirrored
volume using the two drives (and I think started the actual mirroring
process).  (Hence on at least on of the drives - a copied labels 0,1).
5) From there everything went downhill.

This happened a while back, and so the exact order of things (including my
botched attemtps at recovery) are hazy.

I tried using Jeff Bonwick's labelfix binary to create new labels but it
carps because the txg is not zero.

The situation now is I have dd'd the drives onto a NAS.  These images are
shared via NFS to a VM running Oracle Solaris 11 11/11 X86.

When I attempt to import the pool I get:

root@solaris-01:/mnt#  zpool import -d /dev/lofi
  pool: ZP-8T-RZ1-01
    id: 9952605666247778346
 state: FAULTED
status: One or more devices contains corrupted data.
action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-5E
config:

        ZP-8T-RZ1-01              FAULTED  corrupted data
          raidz1-0                ONLINE
            12339070507640025002  UNAVAIL  corrupted data
            /dev/lofi/5           ONLINE
            /dev/lofi/4           ONLINE
            /dev/lofi/3           ONLINE
            /dev/lofi/1           ONLINE

I'm not sure why I can't import although 4 of the 5 drives are "ONLINE".

Can anyone please point me to a next step?

I can also make the solaris machine available via SSH if some wonderful
person wants to poke around.  If I lose the data that's ok, but it'd be nice
to know all avenues were tried before I delete the 9TB of images (I need the
space...)

Many thanks,
Scott
zfs-list at thismonkey dot com