On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:54:34AM +0200, Stefan Ring wrote:
> >> Have you also mounted the broken image as /dev/lofi/2?
> >
> > Yep.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to just remove the corrupted device? This worked
> just fine in my case.

Hi Stefan,

when you say remove the device, I assume you mean simply make it unavailable
for import (I can't remove it from the vdev).

This is what happens (lofi/2 is the drive which ZFS thinks has corrupted
data):

oot@openindiana-01:/mnt# zpool import -d /dev/lofi
  pool: ZP-8T-RZ1-01
    id: 9952605666247778346
 state: FAULTED
status: One or more devices contains corrupted data.
action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-5E
config:

        ZP-8T-RZ1-01              FAULTED  corrupted data
          raidz1-0                ONLINE
            12339070507640025002  UNAVAIL  corrupted data
            /dev/lofi/5           ONLINE
            /dev/lofi/4           ONLINE
            /dev/lofi/3           ONLINE
            /dev/lofi/1           ONLINE
root@openindiana-01:/mnt# lofiadm -d /dev/lofi/2
root@openindiana-01:/mnt# zpool import -d /dev/lofi
  pool: ZP-8T-RZ1-01
    id: 9952605666247778346
 state: FAULTED
status: One or more devices are missing from the system.
action: The pool cannot be imported. Attach the missing
        devices and try again.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-3C
config:

        ZP-8T-RZ1-01              FAULTED  corrupted data
          raidz1-0                DEGRADED
            12339070507640025002  UNAVAIL  cannot open
            /dev/lofi/5           ONLINE
            /dev/lofi/4           ONLINE
            /dev/lofi/3           ONLINE
            /dev/lofi/1           ONLINE

So in the second import, it complains that it can't open the device, rather
than saying it has corrupted data.

It's interesting that even though 4 of the 5 disks are available, it still
can import it as DEGRADED.

Thanks again.
Scott