2012-09-27 3:11, Richard Elling wrote:
Option 2:At present, both systems are using local mirroring ,3 mirror
pairs of 6 disks.I could break these mirrors, and export one side over
to the other system...And vice versa.So neither server will be doing
local mirroring; they will both be mirroring across iscsi to targets on
the other host.Once again, each zpool will only be imported on one host,
but in the event of a failure, you could force import it on the other
host.
Can anybody think of a reason why Option 2 would be stupid, or can you
think of a better solution?

If they are close enough for "crossover cable" where the cable is UTP,
then they are
close enough for SAS.

Pardon my ignorance, can a system easily serve its local storage
devices over SAS to a neighbor system (i.e. using a SAS HBA in
place of an Ethernet NIC of an IB card in Ed's crossover scenario?)
Would this be doable over today's COMSTAR, using a different
storage path from the iSCSI stack most often used now?

//Jim
  • [zfs-discuss] vm ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
    • Re: [zfs-dis... Freddie Cash
    • Re: [zfs-dis... Tim Cook
    • Re: [zfs-dis... Richard Elling
      • Re: [zfs... Jim Klimov
        • Re: ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
          • ... Jim Klimov
          • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
            • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
                • ... Jim Klimov
                • ... Dan Swartzendruber
                • ... Dan Swartzendruber
                • ... Richard Elling