On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Sami Tuominen <sami.tuomi...@tut.fi> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have raidz pool with one directory, which is not accessible. It only gives
> "Input/output error" when trying to access it. Is there any way to fix that?
[...]
> nas4free:/tankki/media# zpool status -v
>   pool: tankki
>  state: ONLINE
> status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
>         corruption.  Applications may be affected.
> action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
>         entire pool from backup.
>    see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
>   scan: scrub in progress since Sun Oct  7 21:18:19 2012
>         494G scanned out of 5.92T at 261M/s, 6h4m to go
>         0 repaired, 8.15% done
> config:
>
>         NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>         tankki      ONLINE       0     0 3.62K
>           raidz1-0  ONLINE       0     0 14.5K
>             ada5p2  ONLINE       0     0     0
>             ada2p2  ONLINE       0     0     0
>             ada4p2  ONLINE       0     0     0
>             ada3p2  ONLINE       0     0     0
>             ada0p2  ONLINE       0     0     0
>             ada1p2  ONLINE       0     0     0
>
> errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:
>
>         tankki/media:<0x0>

It's as it says it is: the error is "permanent" in that ZFS has done
what it could to recover the data from parity information and ditto
blocks. Sometimes the error is only in the current version of a
file/directory, so you can recover the data from a snapshot.

> nas4free:/tankki/media# cd Dokumentit
> Dokumentit: Input/output error.
> nas4free:/tankki/media#

Do you have a snapshot that you can navigate to and determine if the
directory appears intact?

Jan