We have finished a beta version of the feature. A webrev for it
can be found here:

http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/sensille/fits-send/

It adds a command 'zfs fits-send'. The resulting streams can
currently only be received on btrfs, but more receivers will
follow.
It would be great if anyone interested could give it some testing
and/or review. If there are no objections, I'll send a formal
webrev soon.

Thanks,
Arne