> Several times, I destroyed the pool and recreated it completely from
> backup.  zfs send and zfs receive both work fine.  But strangely - when I
> launch a VM, the IO grinds to a halt, and I'm forced to powercycle
> (usually) the host.

A shot in the dark here, but perhaps one of the disks involved is taking a
long time to return from reads, but is returning eventually, so ZFS doesn't
notice the problem?  Watching 'iostat -x' for busy time while a VM is hung
might tell you something.

Tim
              • ... Dan Swartzendruber
              • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
              • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
              • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
              • ... Timothy Coalson
              • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
              • ... Timothy Coalson
  • Re: [zfs-discuss]... matthew patton