> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Jim Klimov
>
> There are also loops ;)
>
> # svcs -d filesystem/usr
> STATE          STIME    FMRI
> online         Aug_27   svc:/system/scheduler:default
>
> # svcs -d scheduler
> STATE          STIME    FMRI
> online         Aug_27   svc:/system/filesystem/minimal:default
>
> # svcs -d filesystem/minimal
> STATE          STIME    FMRI
> online         Aug_27   svc:/system/filesystem/usr:default

How is that possible?  Why would the system be willing to startup in a
situation like that?  It *must* be launching one of those, even without its
dependencies met ...

The answer to this question, will in all likelihood, shed some light on my
situation, trying to understand why my iscsi mounted zpool import/export
service is failing to go down or come up in the order I expected, when it's
dependent on the iscsi initiator.