On Mon, 11 Mar 2013, Tiernan OToole wrote:

I know this might be the wrong place to ask, but hopefully someone can point me
in the right direction...
I got my hands on a Sun x4200. Its the original one, not the M2, and has 2
single core Opterons, 4Gb RAM and 4 73Gb SAS Disks...
But, I dont know what to install on it... I was thinking of SmartOS, but the
site mentions Intel support for VT, but nothing for
AMD... The Opterons dont have VT, so i wont be using XEN, but the Zones may be
useful...

OpenIndiana or OmniOS seem like the most likely candidates.

You can run VirtualBox on OpenIndiana and it should be able to work without VT extensions.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn